The Y is now available for members anytime and anywhere! Virtual YMCA is now accessible through the YMCA of Northwest North Carolina’s website and mobile app.
Members can now have exclusive access to on demand and live group exercise classes at no additional cost.
“This past year has shown us that having a catalogue of fitness classes available to our Y members anytime and anywhere is a necessary asset,” said Jordan Lloyd, Vice President of Wellness Experience at the YMCA of NWNC. “Virtual Y allows us to bring the workout experience to our members, even when they’re physically not at our branches.”
Classes will feature local instructors from the Y teaching a variety of workouts — including Les Mills workouts. More classes will be added to the Virtual YMCA weekly.
Members can log in and access the Virtual Y through the mobile app — available through the Apple store and Google Play — and at ymcanwnc.org/virtual-ymca. To log in, use the same information that you would use to register for a class or any other Y programs. More information on logging in is located below in our FAQs. For any other questions, please contact us at 336 777 8055 option 8.
Virtual Y is our first-ever Virtual YMCA. This members-only experience for group fitness and wellbeing includes classes filmed from our brand-new Virtual Studio, plus Les Mills on Demand videos available to stream anytime, anywhere. Virtual Y currently offers dozens of classes at launch, with more added every day. Get started at ymcanwnc.org/virtual-ymca
Virtual Y is for ALL YMCA of Northwest North Carolina members. It is included with your membership at no additional charge!
Not a member? Join today at ymcanwnc.org/join-now
Is your membership on hold and you’d like to reactivate it? Please visit your local branch or call us at 336 777 8055 option 8.
- First, visit ymcanwnc.org/virtual-ymca
- Click on Enter Virtual Y
- If you remember the email address and password you’ve used to sign up for other YMCA programs or to manage your membership, please enter that here.
- If you can’t remember your password or have never signed up for any YMCA programs before, click on Forgot Your Password?
- Then please enter either your email address or phone number the YMCA has on file for you.
- Click on Forgot Your Password again.
- Then choose Email me a reset password link
- You should now have an email with a link asking you to reset (check your spam or junk mail if you don’t see it).
- Then go back to ymcanwnc.org/virtual-ymca and log in with your new password and you should be all set!
- You’ll only have to do this once for each device you’d like to use to access Virtual Y.
- If you’re still having trouble, please visit your local branch or call us at 336 777 8055 option 8.
Virtual Y is available on our brand new mobile app. Click on My Y and you’ll see it right under Find a Class! If you haven’t downloaded it already, you can get more information here: https://ymcanwnc.org/about-us/mobile/
If those in your household each have a separate login to manage their YMCA accounts (sign up for programs, change a credit card, etc.) then they can each sign into Virtual separately or just use one login for all their devices.
But there may be only one person on the account that has a login. In that case, you can login with the same email address and password.
Yes, Virtual Y is available to anyone in your household at any time.
No, your Virtual Y login information will be the same as when you manage your YMCA of NWNC membership and/or sign up for programs.
Each Smart TV and streaming device is different, so there is no single answer to how you can stream virtual content to your TV. Our Virtual YMCA videos support casting, which is the process of sending content from a mobile device to a PC or television screen.
Click here for a brief tutorial on how casting works on some of the more popular devices. We recommend searching for your specific television or device to find directions on how to set up casting.