Our Community Impact
We’re proud to serve the people of Northwest North Carolina. In 2021, we demonstrated that the Y is a safe place for all in our community to come focus on their health — physically, emotionally, mentally, and spiritually.
- We have 17 branches in Alexander, Davie, Forsyth, Iredell, Stokes, Wilkes, and Yadkin counties, which includes YMCA Youth Development, YMCA Sports, and YMCA Camp Hanes, that served our communities when they needed us the most.
- $1,157,408 in financial scholarships were given for memberships and programs.
- 1,647 young people participated in Summer Exploration Academies (day camps) at our branches, exploring new interests and cultivating friendships. 1,850 campers experienced adventure and the great outdoors at overnight camp at YMCA Camp Hanes, while another 746 campers participated in day camp at the scenic campsite.
- 2,089 youth had a safe place to go outside of school hours each month at the Y’s Before and After School Academies in the 2020-2021 school year.
- 412 youth in the Latino Achievers, Black Achievers, Youth & Government, and Youth Achievers programs learned about the tools needed for success in higher education and career opportunities in the 2020-2021 school year.
- More than 1,000 healthy meals and snacks were given to youth daily during out of school activities in 2021.
- 1,263 pints of blood were collected at blood drives hosted across the Y association in 2021, saving 3,789 lives. In total, 56 blood drives were hosted at our Ys.
- More than 90% of YMCA Literacy participants improved their English language, job, and interpersonal skills in 2021.