When our families and neighbors thrive, our community is stronger. Right now, the need for stronger communities is greater than ever.
When a neighbor needs support, the YMCA of Northwest North Carolina stands ready to help with open arms and caring hearts. Whether it is:
- Providing food for neighbors in need.
- Ensuring more kids have a safe space to learn, grow, and thrive.
- Giving seniors a helping hand or a listening ear so they don’t feel isolated.
- Providing lifesaving skills to prevent drowning.
- Changing a child’s life forever by giving them an unforgettable experience at YMCA Camp Hanes.
- Giving someone a sense of hope and belonging with a financial scholarship to the Y when they need us during the most vulnerable time of their life.
- And so much more!
These are a few reasons to find your “why” and give to the YMCA of NWNC’s Annual Impact Fund. With your support, we can ensure the organization’s sustainability and changing lives - while not forgetting people, connections, and hope are what matters most in our world today.
With your support, we can keep it that way.
2022 YMCA Annual Impact Fund
Find Your Reason to Give. Find Your Y.
As our community continues to recover from the pandemic, the YMCA of Northwest North Carolina continues to help our neighbors where the help is needed most. Thanks to generous donors and local partnerships, the Y is able to send kids to camp for an unforgettable experience, give families peace of mind knowing their kids are in a safe place with positive role models, and members can come to a space where they can focus on their overall wellbeing.
Your gift supports programs like:
- Elementary & Middle School Before and After School Academy
- Summer Day Camp
- Safety Around Water drowning prevention/Swim lessons
- YMCA Diabetes Prevention program
- Bright Beginnings
- Teen programs like Youth and Government & Black and Latino Achievers
- Senior programs
- YMCA Literacy and ESL tutoring
- LIVESTRONG® at the YMCA
We appreciate your support. Thank you for helping make a difference.
How can I support the Y?
Where Your Donations Go
We have an extraordinary opportunity to ensure a brighter future for our community, but we need your help. Your gift to the YMCA of Northwest North Carolina will have a lasting impact by helping us to reach more people through life-changing programs and services.
$140 gives a student the school supplies and confidence they need to start the academic year on the right foot with our Bright Beginnings program.
$175 sends a child to one week of Summer day camp filled with enriching, healthy activities and positive role models.
$225 gives a student a life-changing experience through our Achievers program that inspires them to pursue their personal goals after high school.
$420 gives a senior one year of access to the YMCA where they can connect with new friends and improve their health.
$1250 teaches an entire class of swimmers the life-saving skill of swimming through Safety Around Water drowning prevention and our swim lessons.
$960 sends a child to YMCA Camp Hanes for one week of outdoor education and character-building activities.
$1,000 supports a family with a yearlong membership, so they can have access to Y facilities and programs to live healthier lives.
$12,000 gives three cohorts of 10 cancer survivors the support to reclaim their health through LIVESTRONG® at the YMCA.