Many people do not realize that, as a whole, the YMCA is the largest provider of child care in the United States. We believe that the quality of child care cannot be undervalued and thus every YMCA program is grounded in our character development traits of caring, honesty, respect, responsibility and faith.
Activities in our curriculum include health and wellness, arts and humanities, science and technology and service learning projects. Each of the YMCA Child Care programs are designed with age appropriate activities created to help your child grow and develop physically, mentally, and spiritually.
Child Care Contact
Phone: (828) 632-9699
Kids Zone (formerly Child Watch) is Returning June 21!
The YMCA offers Kids Zone to supervise children for free to members with household memberships while parents exercise. More information about the new Kids Zone is available by clicking here.
The guest fee is $10 per child per visit.
Kids Zone, Jr.
6 weeks to 5 years
Monday, Tuesday, Thursday: 9:30am-12:30pm and 4:30-7:30pm
Time limit: 2.5 hours
- Mask requirements (all children 5 years and older are required to wear a mask (if your child requires an exemption to the mask requirement, please notify Kids Zone Staff)
- Continuous Cleaning
- Staff will check children in and out to limit contact with high touch areas
- No drinks will be allowed ~ staff will provide water for children as needed
- No unnecessary outside items may be brought into the Kids Zone play areas (Parents are asked to place bottles, diapers and wipes in a clear zip lock bag labeled with their child’s name)
- Children using Kids Zone Jr. (ages 6 weeks- 5 years) will be required to remove their shoes before entering the play area. Socks will be required. This does not apply to children using Kids Zone (ages 5-11 years)
During Out of school days, Kids Zone hours remain the same with the exception of holiday hours.
Sherry Corson at 336 251 1090 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Monday, Tuesday, Thursday: 9:30am-12:30pm* and 4:30-7:30pm
*AM hours offered when school is out for the summer and out of school days
Time limit: 2.5 hours
Phone: (336) 251-1090
Summer Exploration Academy (Day Camp)
Great summers start at the Y! There’s never a dull moment during Summer Exploration Academy/Day Camp at the Y! Summer is a time for fun, but it’s also the perfect time for personal exploration through fun and exciting activities that engages both the mind and body! In addition to traditional summer activities, summers at the Y for 2021 will include time every day for reading, character development, STEM education, and college and career prep for teens. Summer Exploration Academy/Day Camp at the Y also include an hour of physical activity every day to help combat childhood obesity. Enroll now so your child or teen can spend time enjoying summer while expanding his or her personal development!
Click here for more information and to register online!