The Y is proud to offer a variety of Active Older Adults programs committed to helping seniors maintain a healthy lifestyle and strengthen social ties. Participants in the program enjoy group outings, health education seminars, group fitness classes, volunteer opportunities and events designed to promote mental agility, good health and independence. Basic daily exercise provides many health benefits and may decrease illness, chronic disease, fatigue and the risk of falling.
Latest newsletter and calendar of events coming soon
- 1 court available on Mondays/Tuesdays/Thursdays/Fridays from 6:00-9:00am
- Online reservations are required. Reservations may be made up to 24 hours in advance. Visit ymcanwnc.org/schedules to make your reservation. There is one slot for each one hour reservation. The person that reserves can bring up to 5 other people of similar skill. The court cannot exceed more than 6 players.
- One on one play and doubles play is now allowed.
- Each player needs to have their own pickleball for serving to reduce contact. We do not provide paddles or balls. Players must wear masks and remain 6 feet away from anyone not from their household, both during play and at all times.
Pick Up Basketball
- 2 gyms available all hours that the branch is in operation, 2 additional courts available Monday-Friday from 5:00am-7:00am and 6:00-8:00pm, Saturdays 8:00am-4:00pm, and Sundays, 12:00-4:00pm. They are first-come, first-served at this point. No reservation is required.
- A maximum of three people will be allowed to shoot at a hoop at any one time (with their own ball). Individuals may not play one another in a competitive game; they must shoot individually. However, they could engage in a game such as HORSE, where physical distancing was in place. Essentially, no one should be playing offense or defense against another person, AND everyone should physically distance at all times.
- Each member is required to bring their own basketball.
- Members are requested not to rebound another member’s basketball.
- An exception for the “limit of 3 per hoop” will be in place for families with more than three members. All family members are allowed to shoot together on a single hoop with a single ball.
- 2 gyms available all hours that the branch is in operation, 2 additional courts available Monday-Friday from 5:00am-7:00am and 6:00-8:00pm, Saturdays 8:00am-4:00pm, and Sundays, 12:00-4:00pm