Our Mission: “Helping all people reach their God-given potential in spirit, mind and body.”
The Y is a place where common ground thrives and people of all walks of life can belong. We approach diversity and inclusion through the Christian principles of love, compassion, kindness, and respect. The YMCA of Northwest North Carolina will promote and exemplify togetherness. We value, encourage, and nurture the contributions that each person makes to our increasingly diverse association and the community we serve.
What does success look like?
- All YMCA branches, facilities, and programs are welcoming to the whole community.
- Our Association Board of Directors reflects the diversity of the YMCA of Northwest North Carolina Association service area.
- Our Branch Board of Managers reflects the diversity of the branch service area.
- Our Staff Leadership (Association and Branch) reflects the diversity of the YMCA of Northwest North Carolina community.
- Our Branch Staff Leadership reflects the diversity of the branch service area.
- Our membership reflects the diversity of the YMCA of Northwest North Carolina community.
- Processes are in place to ensure inclusion and equity throughout the association.
- All association and branch marketing materials, artwork, pictures and displays reflect the diversity of the YMCA of Northwest North Carolina community.
- The association is integrally involved in the community as it relates to diversity and inclusion.
- Association assessments are regularly conducted to gather data, monitor progress and develop plans.
- Association/Branch Staff and Volunteers regularly participate in Diversity and Inclusion Awareness and Educational opportunities.
Social Responsibility For All
For more than 125 years, the Y has offered services, programs, and spaces for belonging to our community.
Social responsibility is one of the Y's primary areas of impact. As part of our commitment to racial justice and equity, we pledge to work with you to create more equitable and inclusive communities, where self-reflection and civility thrive.