Kids Night Out
Parents – enjoy a Saturday night out while the kids have a safe and fun-filled evening at the Yadkin Family YMCA! Dinner will be provided and every month is a different theme!
6 weeks-12 years
Ages 5+ will go swimming
Upcoming 2020 dates:
Friday, April 3 5:30-9:30pm
Saturday, May 2 4:30-8:30pm
Friday, June 5 5:30-9:30pm
Scroll down to register and see the upcoming dates!
Parents Morning/Evening Out
Sign up for the Parents Morning/Evening Out program, and you may leave your child signed into the Nursery or Kids Club areas for up to 2 hours while you leave the Y to take care of simple errands or have some time on your own. Simply fill out the registration form and pay at the Front Desk, and bring the form back to our Childwatch staff. Your child will be watched by our fun and friendly staff and will have a fun time with other kids their own age.
First come, first serve! Only 5 spots per day!
Ages 6 weeks-Kindergarten
Children in Kindergarten to 5th Grade
Monday-Friday: 8:30am-12:00pm for Nursery ages
Saturday: 8:30am-12:00pm for Nursery ages
Monday-Thursday: 4:30pm-7:45pm for Nursery & Kids Club ages
$10 for Members/$15 for Potential Members. For second child, $5 for Members and $10 for Potential Members.
Sign In Procedure
1. Register at the front desk at the appropriate time of arrival. Also make sure you write your contact information in case of an emergency.
2. Please label, or mark with permanent marker, your child’s belongings or any item you are leaving with your child.
For more information, please contact us at 336.679.7962. Click here for the registration form.
For Kids and Families
The YMCA Literacy Initiative offers El Nido (“The Nest”), which is a family literacy program that takes place on Tuesday and Thursday evenings from 6 to 8:30 pm at The Ledges Apartments Children’s Center on Anson Street in Winston-Salem (near the intersection of Peters Creek Parkway and Academy Street). El Nido provides book-based activities for children while their parents participate in ESL classes. Volunteers are welcome to help with activities for children or with ESL classes for their parents.
Ellen Gallimore at 336.727.9850 or firstname.lastname@example.org
The YMCA has a long history of bringing parents and children together for life enriching experiences. This history has left a legacy of strengthened relationships and close bonds in many families and communities around the country. The YMCA of Northwest North Carolina has been a part of the Y-Indian Guide/Adventure Guides program for more than 30 years. Adventure Guides currently serves 20 tribes with over 400 participants in Forsyth, Stokes, Davie, Yadkin, and Wilkes Counties. Collectively, these tribes form the Adventure Guides Saura Nation.
The Adventure Guides Program aims to strengthen the bond between fathers and their children through activities that allow them to spend quality time together. Based on strong traditions of the Native American Culture including dignity, patience, endurance, spirituality, concern for the Earth and family values, these programs are tools that will help build memories that will last a lifetime.
Through Adventure Guides, the YMCA provides the following benefits to father and child:
- Foster companionship and understanding and set a foundation for positive, lifelong relationships between father and child
- Build a sense of self-esteem and personal worth
- Expand awareness of body, mind, and spirit
- Provide a framework to meet a mutual need of spending enjoyable, constructive, and quality time together
- Enhance the quality of family time
- Emphasize the vital role parents play in the growth and development of their children
- Offer an important and unique opportunity to develop & enjoy volunteer leadership skills
- Opportunity to meet other families with children the same age
For further information, please contact Amelia Johnson at 336.983.3131 or email at email@example.com.