What is Virtual Y?
Virtual Y is our first-ever Virtual YMCA. This members-only experience for group fitness and wellbeing includes classes filmed from our brand-new Virtual Studio, plus Les Mills on Demand videos available to stream anytime, anywhere. Virtual Y currently offers dozens of classes at launch, with more added every day. Get started at https://virtualy.ymcanwnc.org/virtual-y-login
Who can access Virtual Y?
Virtual Y is for ALL YMCA of Northwest North Carolina members. It is included with your membership at no additional charge!
Not a member? Join today at ymcanwnc.org/join
Is your membership on hold and you’d like to reactivate it? Please visit your local branch or call us at 336 777 8055 option 8.
How do I log in?
- First, visit https://virtualy.ymcanwnc.org/virtual-y-login
- Click on Enter Virtual Y
- If you remember the email address and password you’ve used to sign up for other YMCA programs or to manage your membership, please enter that here.
- If you can’t remember your password or have never signed up for any YMCA programs before, click on Forgot Your Password?
- Then please enter either your email address or phone number the YMCA has on file for you.
- Click on Forgot Your Password again.
- Then choose Email me a reset password link
- You should now have an email with a link asking you to reset (check your spam or junk mail if you don’t see it).
- Then go back to https://virtualy.ymcanwnc.org/virtual-y-login and log in with your new password and you should be all set!
- You’ll only have to do this once for each device you’d like to use to access Virtual Y.
- If you’re still having trouble, please visit your local branch or call us at 336 777 8055 option 8.
Can I get Virtual Y through the mobile app?
Virtual Y is available on our brand new mobile app. Click on My Y and you’ll see it right under Find a Class! If you haven’t downloaded it already, you can get more information here: https://ymcanwnc.org/about-us/mobile/
Does everyone in my household use the same login?
If those in your household each have a separate login to manage their YMCA accounts (sign up for programs, change a credit card, etc.) then they can each sign into Virtual separately or just use one login for all their devices.
But there may be only one person on the account that has a login. In that case, you can login with the same email address and password.
Can I log into Virtual Y at the same time as my family members?
Yes, Virtual Y is available to anyone in your household at any time.
Is my Virtual Y login information the same as my Class Reservation (GroupEx Pro) login information?
No, your Virtual Y login information will be the same as when you manage your YMCA of NWNC membership and/or sign up for programs.
How do I stream videos to my television?
Each Smart TV and streaming device is different, so there is no single answer to how you can stream virtual content to your TV. Our Virtual YMCA videos support casting, which is the process of sending content from a mobile device to a PC or television screen.
Click here for a brief tutorial on how casting works on some of the more popular devices. We recommend searching for your specific television or device to find directions on how to set up casting.