At the Y, we are for youth development, healthy living and social responsibility. We are dedicated to ensuring our facilities, programs and services are open and welcoming to all. As part of this effort, we are proud to offer our members access to YMCA facilities across the United States that participate in Nationwide Membership. This way, our members can use the Y as often as they like, making it easier to achieve their health and wellness goals.
There are more than 2,700 YMCAs in 10,000 communities across the nation. Click here to find a Y!
Nationwide Membership enables you to visit any participating YMCA in the United States through membership at your home YMCA. We offer this because we want to help you reach your health and wellness goals wherever you live, work or travel. This is an essential part of our mission to strengthen communities.
IN EVERY COMMUNITY
We understand that sometimes it is more convenient for members to take advantage of a Y near their workplace or when they are traveling outside the area of their home Y. With Nationwide Membership, members have the flexibility to use participating Y facilities throughout the United States at no extra charge.
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW
- Nationwide Membership is valid for active, full facility YMCA members whose home Y participates without restriction or blackout periods.
- Nationwide member visitors must use their home Y at least 50% of the time.
- Program-only participants (including Silver Sneakers, Silver and Fit or other like programs) are not eligible for nationwide membership. Silver Sneakers® members may be able to visit other locations with Silver Sneakers®, please contact the Y you wish to visit.
- Special memberships established by any Y for group homes, other agencies, etc., are not eligible.
- When visiting a Y, nationwide members will be required to show a valid YMCA membership card and photo ID as well as provide basic membership data such as name and email address.
- Ys should allow nationwide members access to services typically offered to full-facility members. Check with the Y for schedule and availability.
- YMCA full facility/full privilege members must use their home branch the majority of the time. Usage will be monitored over a three month period and your “home branch” will notify you if you are using another branch more and your membership needs to be transferred.
- Nationwide members visiting other Ys for a period greater than 28 days must transfer membership affiliation for continued use.
- All Ys reserve the right to restrict or revoke these privileges.