Introducing a brand new TEAM CHALLENGE for our 40th anniversary!
The YMCA Mistletoe Run is proud to provide a team challenge opportunity for our 2023 race! Members of your team can participate in the Fun Run, 5K, Half Marathon OR volunteer!!
Build teamwork, foster healthy competition & encourage volunteerism within your organization, company, running group, or friends! We welcome all groups of people to create a team and join us! We hope you will consider participating!
Benefits of Participating as a Team
- Build community and camaraderie among your team members
- Show off your team spirit and team engagement by competing against other teams for bragging rights
- Win your Tier and your name will be engraved on a trophy that will be displayed in the lobby of the William G White, Jr. Family YMCA!
- Receive a team discount* based on how many team members you have:
TIER 1: 10-25 participants $5 discount on race fee
TIER 2: 24-75 participants $10 discount on race fee
TIER 3: 76+ participants $15 discount on race fee
*Discount only applies to half marathon and 5K registration fees.
Winners Will Be Determined on Race Day Based On:
(10 person minimum to participate in the competition)
- 20 points for each participant above the 10 participant minimum
- 10 points for each team volunteer at the Mistletoe event
- 20 points for each team member who attends a Mistletoe Training Group Run at the Y (stay tuned for dates!)
- 30 points for submitting a Team Hype video
- 50 points for winning the Hype Video contest
- 50 points for wearing a team shirt/outfit to the race
- 100 points for bringing a team mascot
You've Got Your Team - What Comes Next?
Step 1: Team Registration
- Select a team captain and a team name. Your team captain will create the team during race registration.
- Register for the race! Team members can register for the half marathon, 5K or Fun Run. Be sure to join your team during registration!
- Sign up to volunteer!* Volunteers can register at RunSignUp by navigating to the “Participate” tab and then choosing “Volunteer”. Sign up fast as spots fill quickly!
- Cheer stations are a great volunteer group activity! Visit this Google Form to find more information on cheer stations and how to register yours.
Step 2: The Fun Stuff!
- Follow our Mistletoe Facebook and Instagram Page as we share lots of important information but also fun videos and pictures to get everyone hyped up for the event!
- Share any fun team pictures on social media with our hashtag #MistletoeTeamChallenge
*Note, if there are no volunteer shifts available, please contact us at email@example.com to find more opportunities. Be sure to include your team name during volunteer registration!
*Team registration is welcomed and encouraged regardless of participation in the team challenge.