The Yadkin Family YMCA offers swim lessons, water fitness classes, the TYDE swim team, and an indoor pool.
For more information, please contact Jenna Patton at email@example.com or 336.679.7962
Monday – Friday: 7:00am – 1:00pm and 4:00-8:00pm
Saturday: 8:00am – 1:00pm
Swim Test Policy
All children 8th grade and under must be swim tested. Click here for our Swim Test Policy.
Please note: Effective June 23, the red band swim policy has been updated:
- We will maintain our 1 adult to 2 red band swimmers/nonswimmers without life jackets.
- We will allow a 1 adult to 4 red band swimmers/nonswimmers as long as all children are in life jackets.
- We will now be able to provide life jackets (upon parent request) to those red band/nonswimmers that need one. These will be properly sanitized between guests.
We offer Water Aerobics and Recovery classes on a monthly basis. These classes are all free to members. For more on all of the water fitness classes we offer, please click here.
The Y’s new swim lesson progression curriculum is designed to help participants reach their goals and provide a clear progression track. Click here for details on upcoming sessions.
Benefits of this approach include:
- Accommodating students of varying abilities and ages
- Fostering a sense of achievement and self-confidence
- Staying grounded in a skill continuum that allows students to move easily from one stage to the next with clearly defined stages of progress along the way. See detailed information on the new skills taught in each of the stages
- Encouraging students to have fun and develop new friendships through group activities
- Improving communication about student’s progress
Students can register for one of eight stages under our three swim categories depending upon their age and current swim ability:
Private Swim Lessons
Looking for personal instruction and/or a flexible swim lesson schedule? Private lessons will help! Swimmers learn the basics of swimming in a one-on-one setting. Lessons are tailored to the skills your child needs to improve his/her swimming. Each class is 30 minutes. Click here for the registration form.
Sessions: Any time
Scroll down to view all of your options and to pick your package!
TYDE Swim Team
TYDE is a USA Swimming and YMCA swim team offering a full range of competitive programming for all ages (kindergarten-adult). Originally started in 1973 as WSY, we have grown to become one of the largest and most respected swim teams in North Carolina and across the country. Whether you are looking for a gentle introduction to competitive swimming, a nationally ranked training program or anything in between, TYDE has what you’re looking for!
Lifeguard Certification Classes
During this class, participants will learn life-saving rescue skills for an Aquatic Environment. Once a participant takes the classes and passes the skills and written test, they will be certified as a YMCA Lifeguard for 2 years. Participants must be 16 years of age or older.
Click here to view upcoming classes or scroll down to see if a class is available for online registration!