The Stokes Family YMCA is constantly growing and expanding the youth and adult sports program. The program hosts a variety of sports for all ages. All youth leagues focus on teaching youth teamwork, friendships, skills and respect for coaches, players and self. If you are interested in a particular sport please note the registration and season dates on our website. You can also call the front desk for further details.
Parents must sign a code of conduct prior to their child being allowed to play in sports.
Youth and Adults
Fall Sports Schedules
Pickleball is a combination of tennis, badminton, ping pong and racquetball, and also one the fastest growing sports in America. It may be a silly name, but it’s a serious sport! Good for all ages…come see what the excitement is all about!!
Where: North Gym
When: Tuesdays and Thursdays from 12:00 to 3:00pm.
The YMCA Sports program is always looking for great volunteers please read the Volunteers Coach’s Creed below and our current coaching needs and let us know if you are interested in making a difference in a child’s life.
- Tiny Tots Assistants
YMCA Coach’s Creed
- I pledge myself to uphold the mission of the YMCA in my association with team members, coaches, spectators, and opposing teams.
- I will exemplify all the principles of good sportsmanship and instill them in the youth under my care.
- I will not permit any unsportsmanlike conduct from players or spectators representing the team I am coaching.
- I will, by personal example, display the qualities of leadership, which will inspire youth to strive toward the goal of good leadership and sportsmanship.
- In accordance with the YMCA principles, I shall make fair play and good sportsmanship the primary objective of all competition.
- My primary aim as a YMCA coach shall be the development of youth spiritually, mentally, and physically.
- I will abide by and uphold the rules and regulations governing athletic contests, as established by the YMCA.
- I will, at the conclusion of each game, line up my team facing our opposition and lead them in shaking hands with each member and coach of the opposing team.
The YMCA is looking for volunteer coaches. If you want to put kids first, please fill out a volunteer application and check the coaches box on the registration form and contact Misty Cummings at 336-985-9622 or email@example.com.
Join the fun of a tailgate favorite while spending time with family and friends. Fun-spirited atmosphere where new friendships can be made and memories that will last a lifetime. Whether you are competitive, play for fun, or a beginner, this is the place for you!
Every Tuesday in the community room, 3:30-5:30pm (unless we close early).
Questions? Contact Stephanie Durick at firstname.lastname@example.org or 985-9622 or ask at the Membership Desk for more details.