The Y is proud to offer a variety of Active Older Adults programs committed to helping seniors maintain a healthy lifestyle and strengthen social ties. Participants in the program enjoy group outings, health education seminars, group fitness classes, volunteer opportunities and events designed to promote mental agility, good health and independence. Basic daily exercise provides many health benefits and may decrease illness, chronic disease, fatigue and the risk of falling.
SilverSneakers® is a preventative exercise program that enhances the quality of life for older adults across the country. Retirees and those eligible for Medicare can check with their Health Care provider to see if they qualify for SilverSneakers®, which gives participanta free membership to the Y. Through the program, members gain access to customized SilverSneakers® classes that improve strength, flexibility, balance and endurance. This program combines health, wellness and fitness so seniors feel empowered and build friendships.
Branches of the YMCA of Northwest North Carolina will now offer Silver&Fit® memberships, available with participating insurance plans.
Health plans offer the Silver&Fit® Exercise and Healthy Aging Program to eligible Medicare Advantage/Supplement beneficiaries and group retirees. The program aims to improve quality of life. As a Silver&Fit member, you’ll get to work out more, meet new friends, and be more social. The Silver&Fit program is a product of American Specialty Health Fitness, Inc., a subsidiary of American Specialty Health Incorporated (ASH).
The YMCA of Northwest North Carolina also offers SilverSneakers® memberships, available with participating health plans. SilverSneakers is a preventative exercise program that enhances the quality of life for older adults across the country. Through the program, members gain access to customized SilverSneakers classes that improve strength, flexibility, balance and endurance.
Retirees and those eligible for Medicare can check with their Health Care provider to see if they qualify for a Silver&Fit® or SilverSneakers® membership, which provides a Y membership at no cost to the participant.
Get Healthy With Our Registered Dietician: Micki Mcknight
Micki works with you to look at daily eating habits, goals, and plans to achieve those goals. Fill out a registration form and once you sign up, Micki will contact you and set up your appointment.
Consultation Fee: $35/hour
Please contact Tiffany Boyles at 985.9622 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- 2 courts available Tuesdays and Thursdays from 9:00am-1:00pm
- Online reservations are required. Reservations may be made up to 24 hours in advance. Visit ymcanwnc.org/schedules to make your reservation. There is one slot for each one hour reservation. The person that reserves can bring up to 5 other people of similar skill. The court cannot exceed more than 6 players.
- One on one play and doubles play is now allowed.
- Each player needs to have their own pickleball for serving to reduce contact. We do not provide paddles or balls. Players must wear masks and remain 6 feet away from anyone not from their household, both during play and at all times.
- Continuing with one person allowed per court for practicing only.
- 2 courts available during all operational hours