Click here to see our 2012 Volunteers of The Year.
There are many volunteer opportunities at the YMCA, including:
- Welcome and introduce members, prospective members and program participants
- Assist with facility tours
- Assist with mailings, bulleting boards and special events
Coaching & Scorekeeping
- All youth sports such as basketball, soccer, flag football and T-ball.
Many of our volunteer opportunities are available through the YMCA’s Community Outreach Programs. For more information on all of these programs and how you can help, please contact your local branch. We are continually looking for volunteers for the following programs:
Hispanic Mentoring Programs
- Mentor a Hispanic youth and/or family.
- Participate with field trips and community services activities
- Lead a career cluster
- Recruit new volunteers
- Assist with fundraising
- Teach an adult to read (Adult Reading Program)
- Teach an adult to read and speak English (English As A Second Language Program)
- Interested in Volunteering? Email or call us at 336 776 0765
- Click here for more information on our Literacy Initiative
Family Literacy – El Nido “The Nest” Program
- Assist students with homework.
- Assist, one-on-one, with preschoolers to help prepare them for school success.
- Donate gently-used or new children’s books (infants to young readers).
- Make a financial donation to allow us to purchase supplementary materials and books to build children’s libraries at home.
- Assist students with homework
- Plan and initiate activities
- Provide and lead recreation activities
- Be a mentor to our students.
- Make a financial donation to allow us to purchase snacks, supplies and materials.
And Many Other Ways
- Nursery help
- Working with active older adults
- and more!