The Wilkes Family YMCA is constantly growing and expanding the youth and adult sports program. The program hosts a variety of sports for all ages. All youth leagues focus on teaching youth teamwork, friendships, skills and respect for coaches, players and self. If you are interested in a particular sport please note the registration and season dates on our website. You can also call the front desk for further details.
| Youth Sports
- Winter Youth Basketball (Boys& Girls, ages 4-14)
- Indoor Soccer (Boys & Girls, ages 3-14)
- Hot Hoops Basketball (Boys & Girls, ages 5-18)
- Flag Football (Boys& Girls, ages 5-15)
- Summer Sports Camps
Parents must sign a code of conduct prior to their child being allowed to play in sports.
- Adult Basketball League
- Adult Racquetball League
- Adult Indoor Soccer League
- Adult Outdoor Soccer League
- Adult Flag Football
Youth Sports Conditioning and Technique
7-18 years (both boys and girls)
Designed for youth who are ready and willing to take their sports performance to the next level, this program focuses on building speed, strength, agility, quickness and endurance. These factors allow athletes at every level to improve their performance. Individuals will train with a Certified Personal Trainer. We are certain that your child will not only benefit from this program but enjoy it as well!
Sharpen your Basketball, Soccer, Volleyball, or Tennis technique! Technique training for youth ages 7-18. May be incorporated with Youth Conditioning Class.
1 hour session – $30/members, $40/potential members
4, 1 hour sessions – $108/members, $150/potential members
8, 1 hour sessions – $200/members, $275/potential members
Group Sessions 2 or more participants
1, 1 hour session – $25/members, $35/potential members
8, 1 hour sessions – $160/members, $220/potential members
Sessions are set up based on your availability. You will be contacted by a trainer within 48 hours of registration.
Contact Heather Barnes at firstname.lastname@example.org
The YMCA Sports program is always looking for great volunteers to help out with various aspects of the program. Our sports leagues are 100% volunteer driven, meaning that every single coach out on the fields is a volunteer. We value these individuals and without them, our terrific programs would not be possible. If you are interested in volunteering pick up the volunteer application at the front desk.
Download the Volunteer Application
Download the Volunteer Background Check form
YMCA COACH’S CREED
- I pledge myself to uphold the mission of the YMCA in my association with team members, coaches, spectators, and opposing teams.
- I will exemplify all the principles of good sportsmanship and instill them in the youth under my care.
- I will not permit any unsportsmanlike conduct from players or spectators representing the team I am coaching.
- I will, by personal example, display the qualities of leadership, which will inspire youth to strive toward the goal of good leadership and sportsmanship.
- In accordance with the YMCA principles, I shall make fair play and good sportsmanship the primary objective of all competition.
- My primary aim as a YMCA coach shall be the development of youth spiritually, mentally, and physically.
- I will abide by and uphold the rules and regulations governing athletic contests, as established by the YMCA.
- I will, at the conclusion of each game, line up my team facing our opposition and lead them in shaking hands with each member and coach of the opposing team.
The YMCA is looking for volunteer coaches. If you want to put kids first, please fill out a volunteer application and check the coaches box on the registration form and contact Adam Key at 336 838 3991 or email@example.com.