The Stokes Family YMCA is constantly growing and expanding the youth and adult sports program. The program hosts a variety of sports for all ages. All youth leagues focus on teaching youth teamwork, friendships, skills and respect for coaches, players and self. If you are interested in a particular sport please note the registration and season dates on our website. You can also call the front desk for further details.
| Youth Sports
- Youth Basketball (Ages 5-15)
- Summer Basketball (Age 5-15)
- Little Dribblers (Ages 3-5)
- Spring/Fall Soccer (Ages 4-13)
- Kiddie Kickers (Ages 3-5)
- Tiny Tots Teeball (Ages 3-5)
Parents must sign a code of conduct prior to their child being allowed to play in sports.
- Co-ed Volleyball (Age 16 and up)
- Co-ed Soccer (Ages 16 and up)
- Co-ed Kickball (Ages 16 and up)
- Dodgeball Tournament (Age 16 and up)
- Co-ed Flag Football (Age 16 and up)
- Adult Co-ed Basketball Leagues (Age 18 and up)
- Basketball League (Church and Industrial)
- 3 on 3 Tournaments
Click here to view our Gym Schedule
Fall Sports Rules & Schedules
Outdoor Soccer Schedules:
U14 coming soon
Our winter basketball program allows participants to learn from our dedicated volunteers the fundamental skills such as dribbling, shooting, and defense as well as focus on character development to build self-confidence, teamwork, and life-long healthy habits.
5-6 Boys, 7 Boys, 8 Boys, 9-10 Boys, 11-13 Boys, 14-18 Boys
5-7 Girls, 8-9 Girls, 10-13 Girls
Age groups are subject to change depending on registration numbers. League will be coed if we do not have enough teams for separate boys and girls divisions.
All players must be registered and evaluated prior to the season. Players must attend only ONE date in order to be placed on a team. You will register on the same date you evaluate. Dates: October 4, 10 or 22 (times and more details coming soon).
More Information Coming Soon
YMCA youth sports is a volunteer-based program. Coaches are necessary to the success of our leagues. Please consider coaching this season! Circle Coach or Asst. Coach in the Willingness to Volunteer Section. All coaches must fill out a volunteer form and turn in before coaches meeting.
We will do our best to accommodate any requests regarding practice night, but we cannot guarantee that a request for teammate, coach, jersey number, etc. can be honored. In order to maintain a fair and fun experience for all kids involved, the YMCA will do everything we can to ensure even teams heading into the season, therefore NO refunds will be given for participants who withdraw due to unmet requests.
Patrick Whitbred, Sports Program Manager at 336.985.9622 x 6642 or email@example.com
Pickleball is a combination of tennis, badminton, ping pong and racquetball, and also one the fastest growing sports in America. It may be a silly name, but it’s a serious sport!
Good for all ages…come see what the excitement is all about!!
Where: North Gym
When: Tuesdays and Thursdays at 10am
The YMCA Sports program is always looking for great volunteers please read the Volunteers Coach’s Creed below and our current coaching needs and let us know if you are interested in making a difference in a child’s life.
- Tiny Tots Assistants
Download the Volunteer Application
Download the Volunteer Background Check form
YMCA COACH’S CREED
- I pledge myself to uphold the mission of the YMCA in my association with team members, coaches, spectators, and opposing teams.
- I will exemplify all the principles of good sportsmanship and instill them in the youth under my care.
- I will not permit any unsportsmanlike conduct from players or spectators representing the team I am coaching.
- I will, by personal example, display the qualities of leadership, which will inspire youth to strive toward the goal of good leadership and sportsmanship.
- In accordance with the YMCA principles, I shall make fair play and good sportsmanship the primary objective of all competition.
- My primary aim as a YMCA coach shall be the development of youth spiritually, mentally, and physically.
- I will abide by and uphold the rules and regulations governing athletic contests, as established by the YMCA.
- I will, at the conclusion of each game, line up my team facing our opposition and lead them in shaking hands with each member and coach of the opposing team.
The YMCA is looking for volunteer coaches. If you want to put kids first, please fill out a volunteer application and check the coaches box on the registration form and contact Misty Cummings at 336-985-9622 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Join the fun of a tailgate favorite while spending time with family and friends. Fun-spirited atmosphere where new friendships can be made and memories that will last a lifetime. Whether you are competitive, play for fun, or a beginner, this is the place for you!
Ages: all ages
When: Every Tuesday night in the community room, 4-6 pm (unless we close early).
Questions? Contact Misty Cummings at email@example.com or 985-9622 or ask at the Membership Desk for more details.