The Stokes Family YMCA is constantly growing and expanding the youth and adult sports program. The program hosts a variety of sports for all ages. All youth leagues focus on teaching youth teamwork, friendships, skills and respect for coaches, players and self. If you are interested in a particular sport please note the registration and season dates on our website. You can also call the front desk for further details.
| Youth Sports
- Youth Basketball (Ages 5-15)
- Summer Basketball (Age 5-15)
- Little Dribblers (Ages 3-5)
- Spring/Fall Soccer (Ages 4-13)
- Kiddie Kickers (Ages 3-5)
- Tiny Tots Teeball (Ages 3-5)
Parents must sign a code of conduct prior to their child being allowed to play in sports.
- Co-ed Volleyball (Age 16 and up)
- Co-ed Soccer (Ages 16 and up)
- Co-ed Kickball (Ages 16 and up)
- Dodgeball Tournament (Age 16 and up)
- Co-ed Flag Football (Age 16 and up)
- Adult Co-ed Basketball Leagues (Age 18 and up)
- Basketball League (Church and Industrial)
- 3 on 3 Tournaments
Click here to view our Gym Schedule
Winter Sports Schedules
Picture day schedule coming soon
adult Basketball Leagues
Industrial League Schedule
Church League Schedule
Pickleball is a combination of tennis, badminton, ping pong and racquetball, and also one the fastest growing sports in America. It may be a silly name, but it’s a serious sport!
Good for all ages…come see what the excitement is all about!!
Where: North Gym
When: Tuesdays and Thursdays at 10am
Half Marathon Training
We want you to train with us for the Mistletoe Half Marathon!
This program is an 8-week program for individuals interested in running their first half marathon. Through this program participants will increase endurance and fitness level, complete new goals, meet new running buddies, and have a great time while running! We will be training for the Feed Stokes Half Marathon.
Program Dates: December 15-March 14
Meeting Times: Mondays at 6:30pm and Saturdays at 9:00am
Program Cost: Members: $75/Potential Members: $125
For more information please contact Allison Mabe at 985-9622 or at email@example.com
Keeping Kids Active: Homeschool P.E
The Stokes Family YMCA provides your child with a healthy fun-filled P.E. class for an hour and a half, once a week. We will include many spectacular activities from the National Youth Fitness test, basketball, soccer, group games, water safety, and most importantly, nutrition. We will also host Field Day at the end of the year. Give your children the opportunity to socialize and interact with many other children their age and meet new friends!!!
2014-2015 School Year – 8 week semester with class on Tuesdays from 2pm-3:30pm
First Semester: September 2-October 21
Second Semester: October 28-December 16
Third Semester: January 6-February 24
Fourth Semester: March 3-April 28 (no class on March 31)
Christmas Break: December 23 & 30
Easter Break: March 31
$25 for Members per child; $60 max for 4 children; $75 max for 6 children
$30 for Potential Members per child; $75 max for 4 children; $90 max for 6 children
$5 for Members & Potential Members per child drop in fee for those not registered for the program
Register online by clicking below. If you have trouble following the prompts, give us a call and speak with a Membership Specialist and they will walk you through the steps.
Questions? Please Contact:
Contact Misty Cummings at (336) 985-9622 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
The YMCA Sports program is always looking for great volunteers please read the Volunteers Coach’s Creed below and our current coaching needs and let us know if you are interested in making a difference in a child’s life.
- Tiny Tots Assistants
Download the Volunteer Application
Download the Volunteer Background Check form
YMCA COACH’S CREED
- I pledge myself to uphold the mission of the YMCA in my association with team members, coaches, spectators, and opposing teams.
- I will exemplify all the principles of good sportsmanship and instill them in the youth under my care.
- I will not permit any unsportsmanlike conduct from players or spectators representing the team I am coaching.
- I will, by personal example, display the qualities of leadership, which will inspire youth to strive toward the goal of good leadership and sportsmanship.
- In accordance with the YMCA principles, I shall make fair play and good sportsmanship the primary objective of all competition.
- My primary aim as a YMCA coach shall be the development of youth spiritually, mentally, and physically.
- I will abide by and uphold the rules and regulations governing athletic contests, as established by the YMCA.
- I will, at the conclusion of each game, line up my team facing our opposition and lead them in shaking hands with each member and coach of the opposing team.
The YMCA is looking for volunteer coaches. If you want to put kids first, please fill out a volunteer application and check the coaches box on the registration form and contact Misty Cummings at 336-985-9622 or email@example.com.
Join the fun of a tailgate favorite while spending time with family and friends. Fun-spirited atmosphere where new friendships can be made and memories that will last a lifetime. Whether you are competitive, play for fun, or a beginner, this is the place for you!
Ages: all ages
When: Every Tuesday night in the community room, 4-6 pm (unless we close early).
Questions? Contact Misty Cummings at firstname.lastname@example.org or 985-9622 or ask at the Membership Desk for more details.