My Y is Every Y
More For Your Membership
All YMCA members will now have access to all our locations and programs! Enjoy full access and amenities at each of our 16 locations.
- More pool space at the William G. White, Jr. Family YMCA, Davie Family YMCA, Stokes Family YMCA, Yadkin Family YMCA and now the eight-lane Gateway YWCA Aquatics Center
- The Gateway YWCA, located at 1300 S Main Street in Winston-Salem, offers a state-of-the-art Aquatics Center including an eight-lane competition pool and the largest indoor Water Park in the Winston-Salem area. The YWCA also includes a fitness center, three group exercise studios, and a wide range of exercise classes, as well as AAU regulation-size basketball courts and indoor track.
- Special programs like Hot Yoga at the Robinhood Road Family YMCA and Les Mills GRIT at the Robinhood Road and Jerry Long Family YMCAs
- Full access, including pools, at the YMCAs in Wilkesboro and Statesville and an outdoor Water Park at the Kernersville Family YMCA
- Newly-expanded Wilkes Family YMCA Wellness Center
- State-of-the art Training Center with CrossFit at Wilkes Family and Fulton Family YMCAs
- Full access to more group exercise class offerings, gym space, and more at all branches
Click on Find Your YMCA below to view an interactive map to learn about each YMCA and the features it offers to members. You’ll be able to click each location on the map to bring up an informative tooltip.
Please visit our membership page to see the pricing for each type of membership.
Visit YMCAs Across North Carolina and Now – Virginia!
Your Y just got a whole lot bigger!
We want to encourage members to utilize the Y as often as they can. Sometimes, it’s more convenient for members to utilize a Y in a different location when traveling, near a workplace or in another region. Now, full facility/full privilege YMCA members have the flexibility to use other Y facilities throughout the state. Looking for other YMCAs in North Carolina and Virginia? Click here for a list of locations in North Carolina and here for a list of locations in Virginia.
How It Works
Simply present your active YMCA membership card and photo ID at any participating YMCA and enjoy free access.
Reciprocal Membership Program Details
- The Reciprocal Membership Program is valid for YMCA full facility/full privilege members only. Program–only participants may upgrade to a full membership at any time to qualify. Silver Sneakers® members may use other Silver Sneakers® locations only.
- Visitors to other Y’s must present a valid YMCA membership card and photo ID upon their first visit and complete a visiting member waiver or standard membership application form with liability waiver.
- YMCA full facility/full privilege members must use their home branch at least 50% of the time. Program discounts do not apply. Participating YMCA reserve the right to restrict facility or program access. Other restrictions and exclusions may apply.
What is statewide reciprocity?
Now, full facility/full privilege YMCA members across the states of North Carolina and Virginia have the flexibility to use other Y facilities throughout the state, at no extra charge. YMCA of Northwest North Carolina members can also visit the Gateway YWCA as part of their membership. Some restrictions and exclusions may apply at YMCAs outside of our region. We encourage you to contact the Y you wish to visit for more information.
Why did the North Carolina and Virginia YMCAs decide to start the Membership Reciprocity Program?
At the Y, we want to encourage you to use the Y as often as possible in order to meet your health and wellness goals. Sometimes, it is more convenient for a Y member to utilize a Y in a different location when traveling, near a workplace, or in another region. This program allows active, full facility/full privilege members this flexibility to use other Y facilities.
What are the restrictions?
The reciprocal membership program is valid for YMCA full facility/full privilege members only. Program-only participants may upgrade to a full membership at their home Y at any time to qualify. Silver Sneakers and Silver & Fit memberships are not eligible for reciprocity, but may visit other facilities if they offer Silver & Fit or SilverSneakers at that particular Y. Members can contact their insurance company for a list of participating facilities or they can contact the Y they wish to visit. For example, we do not offer Blue365 (Prime) available at other YMCAs in the state, so Blue365 participants would not be eligible to visit any of our branches.
YMCA full facility/full privilege members must use their “home branch” at least 50% of the time. The “home branch” is the branch that the member visits 51% or more of the time. Usage will be monitored over a three month period and your “home branch” will notify you if you are using another branch more and your membership needs to be transferred.
A select few North Carolina and Virginia Ys are not participating in the program (for example, some Ys in tourist areas), so members should contact the Y they wish to visit for details.
Is there still a joining fee?
Yes, joining fees still apply.
Are there still guest fees?
North Carolina and Virginia Y members will not pay a guest fee when they visit a branch other than their home branch within North Carolina and Virginia. Y members outside of those two states and potential members will need to pay a guest fee after they have used their allocated guest passes.